Friday, May 12, 2017

Welcome to Life Documented Week 20 With Suz

Hi all!  Hope you are well.

Prompt: Paint colors, draw shapes and paint around them

Technique: Cut up your piece and make a page for your journal.

Quote:  Imitation, if noble and general, insures the best hope of originality.

– Edward G Bulwer- Lytton

Be bold or italic, never regular.

I liked two quotes this week.  I couldn't find an author for the second one.  

I saw a video tutorial, which Claire must have seen at the same time because she already did the technique and it is such fun.  I know a lot of you have seen similar things but this is my take on it.  The video is from Little Raven Ink who is on the Jane Davenport design team.

It is basically painting watercolors on a page.  Draw flowers, or shapes on your paper and paint around your drawings.




I have done several pages in different ways.  You could use acrylics.  Above in the first on I used watercolors on Tru-Ray construction paper.  This paper is something Roben-Marie Smith uses.  It's a nice weight.  The next one is on upcycled paper in my calendar and I used Dina Wakely's Night paint around the shapes.

I got to thinking what if you used collage paper.  So I did one of those too and used brighter colors, then cut it up and thought it would make a great monthly divider so I did that.  You can make any shapes, cut them out and glue them on card stock to suit you.  I even left some of it sticking out past my pages to use as a tab.


Then I thought it would be pretty to use different colors for your background. There are so many ways you can do this but I really like the divider idea and I have used it for two months.  Just washi tape or use some masking tape to tape it in.  


You can even stamp white on the dark spots and dark on the white spots.  

Hope you enjoy playing with this technique.





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! One of my favorite things to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really inspiring page as you created a variation on a theme. This is a fab divider. My plan is to use the idea again and again. Am not very sure of myself with watercolors and think when i start on the 'index card a day' project with Daisy Yellow I will practice it. Many thanks Suz for all your work to keep this year long program on rack, not easy.

    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I have loved doing this page. It's very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete